Monday, July 29, 2019

AG-111 - Painting and Touch-Ups


Over the weekend I coated the pan with AG-111. Recommended application was with a brush, but  decided to use my HVLP gun instead, and it worked great. The finish turned out a lot more glossy than I thought it would be, but I'm good with it. Applied a fog coat first (which I had to look up how to do), "spraying at a farther distance making quick paths to slowly cover to full color saturation". I let that tack up and then applied a second "double wet pass" coat. I let that dry for a day and then came back to fill in the seams, and hard-to-get-to areas with a brush afterward. Overall, the process was a lot easier than I thought. I'm pretty happy with the Master Series so far. We'll see how it performs once it's completely cured.











2 comments: