Friday, July 26, 2019

Mastercoat Sealer


Last weekend I sealed the pan with Mastercoat permanent rust sealer. I went this route after much consideration. I wanted to preserve the original soundproofing on the tunnel. Its in great condition and there is no reason to remove it. I considered powder coating to be the best option until I read about the possibilities of cracking and chipping over time, with no great options for repair. Secondly, the entire pan would need to be baked at 300-400 F, which would destroy the original soundproofing that I was trying to save. So I decided to go with Master Series Mastercoat. It's worked well so far. I applied the first coat with foam brushes, recommended by the manufacturer. It took me around two hours to coat the entire thing, so I decided to spray the second coat. The sealer seams to "expand" as it dries, filling in all areas around where I brushed.







Ready for paint, I decided to use AG111, more on that in the next post. Now I am debating whether or not to wait to paint it until I'm ready to paint the front end and axle tubes so that I can paint them all at once. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment